• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Purpose of a Forum

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
where is the poll? And I hope you are not going the direction with this I think you are going. If so, it could be your last night here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Keep on doing what you have been doing caveatipss. It was great having you here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
oh, i think i know the answer. is it to discuss every mundane detail of your ongoing apple soap opera?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
There is no poll. Someone get rid of this idiot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
I think the point of this is to prove that he, along with others, here for help and assistance. I think we (don't know if i count) have been harsh and rude towards him. Some more than others, If the answer is already in the forums just politely point it out and if you don't have the patience don't respond. Remember the saying "If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
caveatipps please create an actual poll otherwise I will need to close this thread since we already have several threads that discuss nothing at all :) We try to minimize the junk so that way people can always get substance when they come here. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Ok caveatipss, you've been banned for 1 week because as Martha Stuart would say "you just don't fit in."

Take this mini-vacation as a chance to figure out what you can do to become a better, more responsible member of Mac-Forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
iWonder said:
I think the point of this is to prove that he, along with others, here for help and assistance. I think we (don't know if i count) have been harsh and rude towards him. Some more than others, If the answer is already in the forums just politely point it out and if you don't have the patience don't respond. Remember the saying "If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all."
Unfortunately iWonder, I believe what you're perceiving as rudeness is just frustration by the members. caveatipss was given many, many, many polite tips and answers early on but chose to ignore them all.

I myself have PMed him several times asking him to change some of the things he was doing however he completely ignored it all.

Unfortunately I believe his intent here was more to cause drama than for anything productive or useful. Perhaps his temporary ban will help him think about what changes he needs to make when/if he returns.

My advice to him is if he can't change, he shouldn't come back.

Reaction score
schweb said:
Unfortunately iWonder, I believe what you're perceiving as rudeness is just frustration by the members. caveatipss was given many, many, many polite tips and answers early on but chose to ignore them all.

I myself have PMed him several times asking him to change some of the things he was doing however he completely ignored it all.

Unfortunately I believe his intent here was more to cause drama than for anything productive or useful. Perhaps his temporary ban will help him think about what changes he needs to make when/if he returns.

My advice to him is if he can't change, he shouldn't come back.

you even PMed him about his attitude and he didn't listen to you. then i guess he deserves his 1 week vacation. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
He deserves a lifetime vacation. ;)

Reaction score
DCraver said:
He deserves a lifetime vacation. ;)

If he continues it when he comes back, i guess then he deserves a life time vacation off this site. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
caution.jpg

-chris

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
coach_z said:

CTRL-ALT-DEL Opps, That's for windows!! :spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.