Limewire

H

heathers15

Has anyone had any bad experience with Limewire?

Or any virus/spyware problems?

I'm thinking of downloading Limewire but I'm scared.

I have too many memories of horror and torture from my old PC and all the diseases it contracted.

I know MAC's are NOT supposed to get virus, etc but is that really true?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
it is supposed to have no spyware and there are still no real viruses for os x. there has been rumor that ther is spyware in the free version but i dont believe it. i would stick with bittorrent if i were you. lot better stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Never had a problem with Limewire myself, but I don't use it much....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Never a problem.
Just don't download illegal stuff. People do use limewire for legal distribution of their software, songs, and images, (non-copyrighted material people make and want to share)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
heathers15 said:
any virus/spyware problems?

I know MAC's are NOT supposed to get virus, etc but is that really true?
Wrong.

Macs very well CAN get a virus. That is, if any existed for Mac.
Do NOT confuse the fact that there aren't any with the statement "Macs are NOT supposed to get viruses", because the latter is an obvious line from some misinformed sot.
As was already stated, there currently are none for OS X. That doesn't mean that one couldn't ever come into play sometime in the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
D3v1L80Y said:

That is a somewhat misleading comment. Macs are not susceptible to the current, existing crop of viruses and Spy ware written for the Windows platform. I believe that is what the OP was referring to, although the way the statement was worded leaves room for interpretation of what was meant. Saying that is wrong is a bit disingenuous.

D3v1L80Y said:
Macs very well CAN get a virus. That is, if any existed for Mac.
Do NOT confuse the fact that there aren't any with the statement "Macs are NOT supposed to get viruses", because the latter is an obvious line from some misinformed sot.
As was already stated, there currently are none for OS X. That doesn't mean that one couldn't ever come into play sometime in the future.

Very much agreed. The fact that there are currently NO viruses for the Mac doesn't mean it CAN'T happen, it simply means it HASN'T happened yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.