eMac problems (what else is new!)

V

vonstro

Can anyone out there tell me whether or not I can use a display from an Nvidia eMac in an ATI eMac? The board in the ATI machine seems to be okay because I can run it with an external monitor. I do have a parts machine (surprise) but it's the Nvidia variety and I'm not sure about compatibility. Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i know nothing about the emac, but as long as you are able to swap out the video cards, ati or nvidia it shouldnt matter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
coach_z said:
i know nothing about the emac, but as long as you are able to swap out the video cards, ati or nvidia it shouldnt matter

The eMac is an All-In-One machine, so swapping video cards is not an option. It's part of the logic board.

If the internal display connector is the same for the ATI and Nvidia model, it should work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.