MacBook and EVE Online

R

RabitSquirell

I realize the issue of the ability of a MacBook to play games has been over discussed lately, and believe me I am not a power gamer and I don't expect much from the MacBook in this regard. I would, however, like to know how well a MacBook can play the MMORPG called EVE Online. Specifically, I would like to know if the MacBook can play EVE on its default settings or would I have to tweak the settings down in order to achieve a smooth framerate?

Now, I realize that there are differences of opinion as to what constitutes a "smooth" framerate, I'm just looking for opinions here, not technical data. Also, I'm not looking to know how WoW will run on the MacBook, I've already heard enough about that. If someone could just give their impressions with running EVE on their MacBook (not the MacBook Pro btw), I would really appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You obviously did not read the sticky at the TOP of the iBook/Macbook forum. These are for HARDWARE issue questions ONLY. You are asking a software question, it should be in a software forum.

Moving to correct forum.

OP
R

RabitSquirell

Okay, I answered my own question. I just got a new MacBook, installed Boot Camp and Windows XP, downloaded EVE Online and played it. If anyone else is interested, the game runs smooth as silk on the default settings. I might be able to play with the settings to improve the graphics detail, but I don't think its necessary.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.