External Hard Drive Enclosure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
I am upgrading my hard drive in my MacBook and would like to put the hard drive in an external enclosure but I am having a hard time finding one that is SATA. Has anyone found a small enclosure that I could easily carry it around with me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
dmachine said:
I am upgrading my hard drive in my MacBook and would like to put the hard drive in an external enclosure but I am having a hard time finding one that is SATA. Has anyone found a small enclosure that I could easily carry it around with me?

All that I could find relatively quickly, regardless of physical size is this:

http://www.directron.com/cd311sata.html

Mark

M

Marlow

Geekboy

That case is for a 3.5" drive. At least read stuff before your post it.

Every bloke on this page will waste time looking at your link.

Marlow

Reaction score
Marlow,
He tried to help only. If you have better idea for him please not kept it in secret.
Waiting for your idea.
Best regards,
doki

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Marlow said:
Geekboy

That case is for a 3.5" drive. At least read stuff before your post it.

Every bloke on this page will waste time looking at your link.

Marlow

Where does he specify the drive size in the original post? He requests a small enclosure, but if it's for a 2.5" drive, I'm not sure that there even are SATA 2.5" drives (I'm not sure there aren't either though). Based on the info available in the OP, I tried to find an SATA enclosure that was both USB and Firewire. And, as I stated, I couldn't find anything smaller. Because his internal MacBook drive is a 2.5" drive, doesn't necessarily have any relevance to the external enclosure/drive he might be looking for.

EDIT: On another review of the original post, I see that he states:
"I am upgrading my hard drive in my MacBook and would like to put the hard drive in an external enclosure"

I *now* interpret that to mean he wants to put *that* drive in an external enclosure. I assume then that must be a 2.5" drive, and most likely SATA as he requests. If so, truly then, I responded inappropriately. You would seem to be correct Marlow.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
omg people STFU and try to help the man. he said it was for his laptop, his laptop does not have a 3.5 drive it is a 2.5. now if you know of a 2.5 sata drive let him know, if not go away!!

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coach_z said:
omg people STFU and try to help the man. he said it was for his laptop, his laptop does not have a 3.5 drive it is a 2.5. now if you know of a 2.5 sata drive let him know, if not go away!!

-chris

Are you trying to bump your way up to most aggressive member? I did post because I was trying to help. As I conceded, I mis-read the original post. Have you never make a mistake? I'll continue to post when I want to, on whatever thread I want to, and will continue to try to help. I'll make mistakes again to be sure, but I certainly don't answer to you. I've seen many of your other posts, and you're a good guy, and very helpful. Lighten up. I meant no harm.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Guys,
Let's not act like kids here, no need to be rude to each other.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.