Fans full on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Hey, my iMac (iMac G5 Rev. B 17" 2.0GHz) has been really loud lately. Fans on full, really slow, hot, etc. any idea?

S

shotmillions

ive got the SAME problem i can only switch on the iMac for a few mintues before that happens! Please someone help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Conventional wisdom says this happens when you experience a kernel panic, which you would be experiencing likely due to (a) some corrupt software you have recently installed or (b) bad hardware. To test (a), uninstall anything you have added since before you started experiencing this. In the extreme case, re-install Mac OS X. For (b), time to take it to the Apple Store!

OP
DCraver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
It turns out that some software a friend let me borrow is pirated. Is this the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Technically any software that's "borrowed" is pirated by definition. And yes, that may be the problem. Remove it and see if that helps.

OP
DCraver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Okay. I may just reinstall OS X anyway.

EDIT: Schweb & mac57, Did just what you said. Worked like a charm :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.