iTunes importing issue

Reaction score
Finally decided to switch from PC and got my new Macbook the other day. It rocks. Should have done it sooner.

I'm putting all my files on this puppy, but I'm having problems importing a few CDs into iTunes. It just freezes up and I can hear the superdrive speed cycling up and down. I gave it a good while but it just sat there. I eventually had to force quit as I couldn't access any menu option. The CDs in question aren't new, but I tried them in my home stereo and desktop pc and they play fine. If it was a read issue I figure I would get some sort of error message stating as such instead of the program freezing, but what do I know. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
This isn't a solution, but rather a workaround. If you still have your old PC lying around, rip the CDs to MP3 on the PC. Then transfer the files to your Mac and import them into iTunes. This assumes that your PC can still read these CDs. If TWO computers fail to read the CDs, then you have damaged CDs and a really good CD player in your home stereo!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.