MacBook Pro Case/Sleeve

I

iRizzo

Hi. Do any of you guys have a case/sleeve for your MacBook Pro's? I've been looking to purchase maybe a sleeve or something to keep it safe during transits around my campus. Currently I have the DC|Incase Skatebag that holds a Powerbook/MacBook Pro. I saw these ones from Radtech...http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevzNotebooks.aspx Does anybody have any experience with these? Any other suggestions besides these ones? Thanks!

OP
I

iRizzo

Ok I like the Incase ones. There is a sleeve made specifically for the MBP and there is the one you guys have. But it says yours if custom fit for a Powerbook G4. Which ones do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I love using Radtech Products. I currently use an iSkin cover on the keyboard, and use a ScreenSaverZ on top of that to protect and clean the screen when the lid is shut. The laptop goes inside the SleevZ.

Reaction score
Edit: forget what I posted before

I just got a Rebound sleeve from RadTech. Well made, price is right, fast shipping, and decent protection. A lot better protection than the Incase sleeve that Apple carries. Made for PB and MBP, but it fits the MBP very nice and snug.

Rebound.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
I like my incase one. all green. plenty of protection too

OP
K

kram941100

yea i have the incase one and my MBP pro fits perfectly in it and is has a good amount of pertection

OP
I

iRizzo

Ahhhh!!! I don't know which one to get! What do you guys think? I'm not planning on using this as my main case. Like I said before I have the DC|Incase Skatebag that holds the MacBook Pro. I was looking for something to keep it more protected than just chillin in my bag. Hmmm...what to do...

OP
T

Tim Quinn

I've got one of these on order.

http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=1406

Their build quality is phenominal and that sleeve is built specifically for the 17" mac book pro (they have sleeves for the other sized mac books as well).

For me it will be the main case and ill be storeing it in a regular back pack, so i wanted to make sure to get a nice strong durable sleeve. Hope that gives you more ideas.

Cheers,
Tim

Reaction score
I didnt just want a sleeve so i got a 70 dollar Case logic that suspends the laptop so its not touching a edge or anything and has plenty of storage room. But it with macbook and other gear inside its like haulin around a 15-16 lb plate..... not to bad for the arms :) but my investment is somewhat protected.

OP
I

iRizzo

Im hoping not to spend more than $40.00. I just need something that's skinny, yet offers some extra protection. Thanks for all the replies though!

OP
I

iRizzo

mynameis said:
Edit: forget what I posted before

I just got a Rebound sleeve from RadTech. Well made, price is right, fast shipping, and decent protection. A lot better protection than the Incase sleeve that Apple carries. Made for PB and MBP, but it fits the MBP very nice and snug.

Rebound.jpg
I found that one on Radtech's website and it says the MBP version won't be released until June 24th. How did you get yours?

Reaction score
iRizzo said:
I found that one on Radtech's website and it says the MBP version won't be released until June 24th. How did you get yours?

I must have ordered it right before they went out of stock.

If I would have felt like waiting and paying more, I would have gone with with Booq Vyper M2, thats a nice case.

OP
I

iRizzo

Yeah I looked into that one but it was just too much money for all that it did. Im happy with my purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
Well, I used to recommend shinza.com's zeroshock sleeve... I got one for my ibook years ago and it was the best thing in the world. It saved that poor thing from so many dangerous falls. Only problems is that their customer service and production department are very slow and seem to be having troubles getting more of the units ordered. You might check it out though: http://shinza.com/product_info.php?products_id=57&osCsid=e5dd7cd6bc609e3c780288c826e365d9

It's a real shame though. I placed my order on 5/12 and didn't get a response about the cancellation due to backorder until last week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.