TVmini from Miglia

Reaction score
OK, so it looks like i'm the only person on the planet that this doesn't work for.

Basically, my tuner and in built aerial works on my mate's macbook pro at work, but doesn't work on my imac at home.

i've updated software, reset it, tried it under a different (new) user etc, but to no avail.

It installs fine, but just will not see a signal. I've tried it on a known working roof aerial (the one I use for my Media Centre machine downstairs) and still it says 0% signal.

I've tried Miglia and Elgato support, and both have come up with nothing so far.

Help please!!!

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Make sure that the amplifier isn't turned up all the way if it is an active antenna.

The miglia stick only seems to take a certain maximum input signal strength before the signal start to deteriorate.

OP
S
Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Make sure that the amplifier isn't turned up all the way if it is an active antenna.

The miglia stick only seems to take a certain maximum input signal strength before the signal start to deteriorate.

No, it's not, it ever go above 0% even on a known working roof aerial or the crappy stand alone one you get with it.

Stuck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You said you tried new users: Are you using an admin account?

Does your iMac have USB 2.0? Does your area have DVB-T coverage? (Dumb question, I know...)

OP
S
Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
You said you tried new users: Are you using an admin account?

Does your iMac have USB 2.0? Does your area have DVB-T coverage? (Dumb question, I know...)

Yeah it was a newly created admin account, yes they're USB2 ports, and yes I definitely have coverage.

(I have a Windows Media Center machine downstairs that works fine, and a normal set top box which also works fine)

I've been given some things frmo Elgato to try (too many to list here) so I'll give those a go and report my findings in case anyone else has this issue.

It appears to have confused Elgato!

OP
S
Reaction score
Nope, they only offered me a refund.

They couldn't fix the issues and neither could I.

Not terribly encouraging!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.