MacBook Pro - Dual Cinema Displays

E

EricRhinehart

My current system is a monster Dell PC with two 21” UltraSharp displays. I have always been a closet MAC fan and would like to make the “switch”. My PC is displaying signs of dying, so I am seriously looking at the 17” MacBook Pro. While I do not use any heavy applications, I will need to utilize Boot Camp to manage my Visio and MS Project files.

I know that the 17” MacBook Pro will not support dual 23” Cinema displays out of the box, so is there another piece of external hardware that I can buy that will support dual monitors so that I can extend my desktop?

Thank you for your help…

Eric

OP
E

EricRhinehart

One more note: From what I know so far, waiting for the Intel Desktops to come out is about my only option, for now. I am ok with that, however there must be somebody out there with information about a new or existing piece of hardware that will allow me to support two Cinema displays using the 17 MacBook Pro.

Thank you and have a great day,

Eric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
here's one I found Matrox

OP
E

EricRhinehart

Thanks for the link, however it appears to only support Windows and does not handle digital signals. Since the Cinema displas are digital, this will not work.

I am going to have to wait for dual monitor hardware to be developed or the Intel Desktop be come out, which ever happens first...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.