Is it possible to install Vista without Win XP installed first?

Reaction score
I am just about to re-format my MBP and reinstall Tiger with the discs that came with it. Once that is done i'll re-install Boot Camp and partion a 10 Gig drive.

I have read on the blogs for installing Vista Beta 2 that Windows xp is required but when installing Vista they choose the boot camp partition and format it before installing Vista. So why are they telling me to install WIN XP SP2 first? can't i just install boot camp then Vista?

H

Harryc

You do not need to install XP first, but you do need to delete a 200MB EFI partition so that Vista will install. Vista will format and install just fine after that. You may also have to run a repair routine from the Vista DVD if you get an error on initial boot. Do a forum search for 'vista' at apple.com for additional information;

http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=190

OP
Adiversion
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know i have installed VISTA via boot camp without having to install Windows XP first.

I can't get the speakers to work though, anyone have a tip on that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.