• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

"Google's not-so-very-secret weapon"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
"On the banks of the windswept Columbia River, Google is working on a secret weapon in its quest to dominate the next generation of Internet computing. But it is hard to keep a secret when it is as big as two football fields, with twin cooling towers protruding four stories into the sky.

The towers, looming like an information-age nuclear plant, mark the site of what may soon be one of the world's most powerful supercomputers, helping to supply the ever-greater horsepower needed to process billions of search queries a day and a growing repertory of other Internet services..."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/06/13/business/search.php

I wonder how one of these would run WoW. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Oh Google, one day we will all call you master...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Bonzaisushi said:
google = Skynet

just watch. terminator is coming.

Haha, that's what I named my wireless network at home. When I boot up my laptop, I get a little message saying, "You are now connected to SkyNET" muhahahaha :)

My only concern with this Google data center project is - what if terrorists decide to make it a target and blow it up? How will we use the Internet?? :dummy:

Reaction score
i read the same article on cnet news and it said that Google wanted to be known as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named in Harry Potter. Or that microsoft said that google wasn't known as that. ( i didn't get it fully.)

read full HERE.

Reaction score
kaidomac said:
My only concern with this Google data center project is - what if terrorists decide to make it a target and blow it up? How will we use the Internet?? :dummy:

Oh please. That would be suicidal to everyone. Terrorsts use the internet as a platform of communication, putting down google would only render a few Gmail accounts useless and leave everyone searching Altavista.

Google is Google, not the company that ownz the internet. not yet. lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Bonzaisushi said:
google = Skynet

just watch. terminator is coming.
Ha i was thinking the same thing! lol

and yeah, google is nothing more than the MircoSoft of the internet. or the yahoo of 2000

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
They can't be the Microsoft of the internet because their stuff works. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
ha you know what I mean.. and if you don't... well they have a huge wide dominated market going for them.. but its all free so who cares I guess :)

Reaction score
kaidomac said:
Haha, that's what I named my wireless network at home. When I boot up my laptop, I get a little message saying, "You are now connected to SkyNET" muhahahaha :)

They probably have lasers and stuff installed like Anti Air Turrets and the works. Google doesnt mess around.... I wonder if they will ever relase their OS. I remmeber reading a little here and their about it not to long ago. hmmmm

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.