XCode build hangs?

R

robin

I've just started playing around with XCode and have run into a few problems. I have a simple BSD static library project with C++ source files. When a build fails due to source file errors XCode seems to hang as though the build process hasn't ended. Although the application still responds I cannot initiate another build or terminate the current one.

What gives?

OP
S

Sean

robin said:
I've just started playing around with XCode and have run into a few problems. I have a simple BSD static library project with C++ source files. When a build fails due to source file errors XCode seems to hang as though the build process hasn't ended. Although the application still responds I cannot initiate another build or terminate the current one.

What gives?
I have just started having the same problem. The only way I have found out of it is to quit xcode and then reenter. I'm using 10.3.2 xcode 1.1 on a 1gb tibook667. Anyone else having the same problem?

OP
S

Sean

Uhhh - scratch that last post. It appears that I had a mismatch between a nib file in interface builder and its corresponding .h file in xcode. When I fixed that (by dragging the .h file onto the nib window) it all worked fine again. So check out your object declarations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
hmm.. I hvnt had that problem yet.. and ive been using it since xCode was released.. :hmm: no idea. Sean seems like he knows whats up though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.