MacBook Pro Performance

Reaction score
I am just kinda curious. Any WoW players care to share the fps they are receiving and at what settings? I have a 2.0 with 128MB VRAM and 1.5GB system RAM. and I only get like 30fps with settings at med and res at 1440x900. If I bump up settings it pretty much becomes unplayable. Anyone experience this? Is the 256 x1600 alot better(less underclocked maybe?) Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.1 GHZ
I play WoW on a 2.1 Ghz 256-X1600 MBP. I was getting 20-30 FPS in IF near the AH; so went to the WoW-mac forums, and did the things (turning off Full Screen Glow, playing at windowed mode with 1280x800 resolution, 1 x multisampling, half-terrain distance, everything else on high)...and improved it about 5-10 FPS on AH near SW/IF/Orgrimar.

MC/BWL/AQ40 raids usually stays around 20-25; fairly same as my 7800-PC. In non-major cities and world environment, I can easily get 40-80 FPS.

Check out the Official WoW-Mac boards for more tips!

EDIT: FPS should be fairly same between the 128/256 of the 1600's in the MBP. My friends MBP (1 gig, 128 meg Vram) with similar settings as mine has almost the same WoW FPS as I do. Patch 1.11 should have updates for better FPS on the intel and power Mac's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.