My new MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Well that baby showed up yesterday, i ordered mine as the dual 2.0GHz white model with a 80GB HDD and 1gb ram.

All I can say is WOW. This thing runs good.
It is VERY hot, I won't deny it, brings back memories of my old PowerBook 12", if a little hotter. But it doesn't appear unstable, and er....isnt melting.....

One thing I will pick up on is lagginess on non Intel apps, even with 1GB memory.
Other than that, its superb, I love it.
A

Reaction score
CONGRATS on getting your new MacBook!! You'll love it! But i gotta ask you a question, does it really lag with stuff that is under Rosetta or non-native apps with 1 GB of RAM.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Only because I am running on a fast dual processor powerpc desktop, and switching to this is noticable.
Soon this will all be sorted no doubt.
I plan to stick 2 1GB sticks in here soon

D

dentzx

Is this a good time a buy a macbook? Or should I wait til later in the summer...

I ask this because I am still hearing problems with the macbooks like mooing, heat problems, etc.

S

srichart

Buy now

I would buy it now. Most of the bugs are worked out now.
I just love mine.. Just got it. Waited only a few days from the Mac store.

:headphone

dentzx said:
Is this a good time a buy a macbook? Or should I wait til later in the summer...

I ask this because I am still hearing problems with the macbooks like mooing, heat problems, etc.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To be honest, buy one.
It is hot, but I've never had a mac laptop that isnt
I also have to consider tht the weather over in England here at the moment is 28 degrees plus with 70% humidity, so that can't help it.
A

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
i have a g4 ibook and i was toying around with the new macbook and it does feel definitely more responsive with the ilife applications than on my g4. i would love to upgrade although i don't have the dough and my laptop is only 1.5 years old. if anything i would say get it if you need one but waiting never hurts b/c they can work out any kinks that most first generation models have. what i do wonder is how long it would take for programs like photoshop to run smoothly on the macbooks?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess until the official intel releases?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
Congrats Alex, I ordered that exact configuration and its good to hear that your very happy with it. Mine will be here tomorrow! I am stoked!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Congrats on your new macbook.

S

seinman

Computer.Geek said:
what i do wonder is how long it would take for programs like photoshop to run smoothly on the macbooks?

I'm running CS2 (Photoshop and Illustrator) on my 1.83 ghz/512 meg MacBook, and i'd say it runs pretty smoothly already. Loads pretty slowly, but once it's up and running, it's not noticibly slower than running it on my 2.8 ghz PC. I've never owned a Mac before so I can't compare to that, but everything seems just fine running it in emulation.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sadly selling my dual G4 and purchasing an AMD pc box, but I will still have my macbook 2.0 duo to run mac apps on, albeit I am running windows XP on it now!!
Alex

Reaction score
alexmaccoll said:
I'm sadly selling my dual G4 and purchasing an AMD pc box, but I will still have my macbook 2.0 duo to run mac apps on, albeit I am running windows XP on it now!!
Alex

running xp??? that poor machine. c'mon...u should know better :p

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But it runs XP sooooo quickly!! Its fabulous!
Alex

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.