ipod froze while syncing

J

joedavis5

Well I think it was a bad idea to update my ipod before going to school this morning.. I plugged it into my macbook to update it, hoping it would update before i left for school...it still had 1000 songs to upload when I left.. And I fast user switched out so no one would mess with it, and I think it went to sleep before it finished updating...

Got home, the iPod was frozen on the do not disconnect screen, and itunes was frozen.

i've tried resetting it (this is a 3rd generation 4 button version) while plugging it in. It's pretty hot too.

I've looked at some of the other threads, all of it said try resetting it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i would definately reset your ipod and never switch between users when you are updating or saving files etc because from what i feel it seems to be a bad thing to do.
-chris

OP
J

joedavis5

got it back to work ... left the iPod on for a bit plugged in... It tried restarting when I tried resetting it after an hour of being left alone... It would pull the apple up, then shut it off...did it about 20 times...finally replugged it back into my computer, and it turned on and is updating right now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Take it back to the Apple Store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.