Warcraft III Vs. Divx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
Currently I am running Warcraft III on my Intel MacBook without much issue, however, this is a very recent development. When I first installed the game it would crash seconds after launch before the intro video even played.

I went around and round with Blizzard support for two weeks on this issue, and it turns out the reason I had this issue was due to a “third party Divx codec.” So, while I am happy that Blizzard support was able to nail this one down for me, I want to know if there is another way I can get Divx working on my laptop and have Warcraft III run at the same time.

I should also mention at this point that I was using the official Divx codec from the Divx.com website, and there is to my knowledge no other way to view Divx encoded files on OS X.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
use the program VLC
-chris

OP
eddiddiums
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
coach_z said:
use the program VLC
-chris

Dude! Divx and Warcraft III are now living in harmony on my laptop. Thanks a ton.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.