Can a Macbook be infected by PC virus & spyware?

Reaction score
Hi! I don't own a Mac yet but want 1 desperately in the very near future. The reason why I want to switch is becoz I have enough of these viruses & spywares. But before I go to a Macstore & buy 1, I want to know 1 thing for sure :
If Macbook can operate Windows, does it mean that Macbook can be infected by PC viruses??
Please help & thx!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
No matter what hardware Windows is running on, it is susceptible to the same viruses. Therefore, Windows running on Mac hardware can (and probably will) get infected.

HOWEVER! Mac OS X will not. It is technically possible to infect Mac OS X, as it is technically possible to infect any operating system. The viruses for Mac OS X are few and far between, though, and spyware is hardly noticed. Certainly most spyware relies on Windows being the host OS. You can sit comfortably knowing that even if (when?) the Windows install is totally hosed, you'll still have Mac OS X working perfectly well :)

OP
siaku
Reaction score
Wow!Thx for the quick replies. Now I'm sure that Macbook is THE ONE. :flower:
Thx again guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.