Office XP professional?

Reaction score
I have office XP professional 2002 version. I want to install bootcamp on my new macbook, and I was wondering if Office XP professional actually has the OS XP on the discs. This was the only software disc that came with my PC so I am assuming that this software has the opperating system on it and not just the word, powerpoint, excel etc.......Could someone please help me. Thank you

S

shaz

poohfighter said:
I have office XP professional 2002 version. I want to install bootcamp on my new macbook, and I was wondering if Office XP professional actually has the OS XP on the discs. This was the only software disc that came with my PC so I am assuming that this software has the opperating system on it and not just the word, powerpoint, excel etc.......Could someone please help me. Thank you

The cd you have only has Office.
Your PC either has specific Recovery CD/dvd or a Hard drive based Recovery. what manufactuerer is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You can't use an OEM's CD, it has to be a full retail version of Windows XP with service pack 2.

OP
P
Reaction score
shaz said:
The cd you have only has Office.
Your PC either has specific Recovery CD/dvd or a Hard drive based Recovery. what manufactuerer is it?
vpr Matrix. I think its the best buy brand, but I'm not sure.

Aptmunich said:
You can't use an OEM's CD, it has to be a full retail version of Windows XP with service pack 2.
What does OEM mean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
poohfighter said:
What does OEM mean
Original Equipment Manufacturer

In other words, the company that made your laptop.
:black:

Those CD's are designed to only work with the laptop or computer they came with. If you want to install Windows on another computer, then you need an actual retail version that is made to be installed on any machine.

OP
P
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
Original Equipment Manufacturer

In other words, the company that made your laptop.
:black:

Those CD's are designed to only work with the laptop or computer they came with. If you want to install Windows on another computer, then you need an actual retail version that is made to be installed on any machine.
Oh ok. I have decided to buy a retail version of XP, but I was wondering if there is a way to install the version of office that I already own office on both my home computer and my laptop. I have all the discs for office, I dont think it is an OEM version, we purchased it seperately. Is office under the same one computer rule as XP?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.