Those of you with SanDisk 8 in 1...

M

mstruvdisaster

I am a photographer that just recently purchased a macbook. I upload my images with the SanDisk 8 in 1 card reader. After saving to my HD, i hit apple key/delete and the images are supposedly gone from the cf card. When i stick the cf card back into my slr, it still reads as if the files are still on the card, yet the camera says the cf card is empty. How do i fix this? Where are those images and how the F do i get rid of them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have an 8in1 San Disk but I usually zap the images in my Camera. Try Formatting the card in the Camera. That should take care of it. I will do some checking with my San Disk and see if there is another way without the camera.

Reaction score
ya you can always just delete them in the camera, with the delete all feature. but if you perfer to removed them from the computer, mabye try highlighting them then at the actions drop down thingie click delete? or drag them into the recycle bin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the reason your card is full but appears empty is because you trashed the files. files are always on your disk, and taking up space, until you empty your trash.

next time:
*transfer your files
*trash files
*empty trash
*eject card
*put nice and empty SD card into your camera

ENJOY!
-chris

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I think Coach Z got it. I tried my card in my San Disk and it worked great. Put it back in the camera and it was totally empty.

OP
M

mstruvdisaster

Thanks so much guys for quick response, i tried what you told me to coach z, and now they all gone. GOD BLESS mac-forums!! lol :dummy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
glad to help! make sure to remember to use the user reputation system to give positive and negative feedback to users on the forum. just click on that lil check and x icon below someones username and give appropriate feedback, there is a sticky about the user rep system somewhere in the forums

and yes, god less mac-forums!!! lol
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.