User Reputation System Reminder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
one more reputation question:

is there a way you can leave a nutral reputation mark, or only positive or netigive?
I think a nutral rep would be useful for people who make small errors, like double posting, etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
The M-F Reputation system breakdown:07/06/06-8:00pm

Just incase you were wondering. Here is a break down of the reputation system.
Today 07_06_06: (in order from highest Reputation to lowest)
(ex-MotMs in Red)

•Two (2) members with four (4) green dots:
D3v1L80Y:366
coach_z:316

•Four (4) members with three (3) green dots:
dtravis7:280
Aptmunich:269
Fallooza:261
technologist:220

•Eleven (11) members with two (2) green dots:
surfwax95:196
sarahsboy18:181
Kokopelli
Avalon:164
PowerBookG4:158
rs2sensen:148
deus_ex_machina
mynameis
Macman
lil:105
Benjamindaines:103

•5 Members who will have two (2) dots soon based on their rate:
baggss:88
kaidomac:83
Badger:79
fearlessfreap24:77
macAttack:69.

Great work everyone!

kaidomac has been here for just under 7 months and already has 83 reputation points!

•The highest reputation achieved by non-moderator is 366 by D3v1L80Y, the lowest is -54 by spaeschke.

•There are 5 active members with under 0 reputation. You may recognize:caveatipss: -25.

•There is one member with 0 reputation: Super_boy22

•Every MotM you have chosen since the beginning has at least two (2) reputation bars right now.

This may help you place yourself
•55~ Non-Mod members have over 36 reputation points.
•72~ Non-Mod members have over 25 reputation points.
•102~ Non-Mod members have over 21 reputation points.
•132~ Non-Mod members have over 17 reputation points.
•270 members have over 13 reputation points.
•482 members have over 11 reputation points
We have a fairly normal distribution of reputation points at Mac-Forums.

•Posting helps, but posting does not indicate a significant statistical increase in reputation points per post. Many members with 100 posts or less have some of the highest single bar reputation levels. Many members in the top 30 have under 1100 posts (top 30 includes mods).

•Mac-Forums.com has 8,511 members, it looks like many of you are using it!

•Max out your reputation system on good and bad posts daily. We need an active system to keep it accurate!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Woo!

Having too much time on your hands at work isn't necessarily a bad thing... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
wow, interesting statistics graphite! Good job Coach_Z! You went from 2 dots to 4 in a couple of months!

Reaction score
the results of maxing out on your User reputation system everyday. thats really great for coach_z.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad you guys like it.
Here is a version that I will try and keep updated as often as someone reminds me.

M

menace3054

i spent like the better half of a day helping people, most of them new, who dont know about this system and therefore leave no feedback :( frustrating

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I am glad you are helping people! And it happens where people don't know about the rep system and so don't leave rep points, but it is possible for people who noticed your post to still grant you reputation points for 'helping that guy'

also if you leave feedback and leave your name, you are more likely to get feedback from the person you left it for... and that will also get them using it and spider web to eventually incorporate nearly everyone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Graphite said:
Says the man with six green dots. :mac:

menace3054 said:
i spent like the better half of a day helping people, most of them new, who dont know about this system and therefore leave no feedback :( frustrating
Happens. But many members do (and should!) try to give points to helpful or insightful answers, even when they themselves aren't the ones asking the questions.

Anyway, now, so how do we trade them in for prizes? :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
technologist said:
Says the man with six green dots. :mac:

Happens. But many members do (and should!) try to give points to helpful or insightful answers, even when they themselves aren't the ones asking the questions.

Anyway, now, so how do we trade them in for prizes? :mac:

Don't worry I am sure we will develop something that uses the reputation system as a base some day :biohazard I have a few ideas.

But till then you can just get nominated for MotM again in a few months

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I like the reputation system, but I am gaining them at a really slow rate. I guess I have not been as helpful as I thought I have been in the laste few months.. I guess I can live with that. I will just have to try harder.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
PBG4, I have found you to be very helpfull. You have not been around as much the last 2 months though, but you are always very helpfull.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well thats the idea behind that board. Hopefully people will see that and strive to make it on the Graphate.com Top 22 list, the only way of doing that is posting helpful things and using the system yourself! (you could always strive for the much more difficult title of lowest reputation, difficult because you have to post and bother people just enough and still remain unbanned.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dtravis7 said:
PBG4, I have found you to be very helpfull. You have not been around as much the last 2 months though, but you are always very helpfull.

Yeah who knew that I could possibly get that much work. I was always working all the time.. I got up early ot work, I went to bed late because I was working.. there was so much school work, and then jobs that I had.. It was crazy! But I am back now :) and all should be good from this point on, because high school is over and I am now in college. I know that college is hard, but its more of an environment I am good at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Graphite said:
Well thats the idea behind that board. Hopefully people will see that and strive to make it on the Graphate.com Top 22 list, the only way of doing that is posting helpful things and using the system yourself! (you could always strive for the much more difficult title of lowest reputation, difficult because you have to post and bother people just enough and still remain unbanned.)

Thanks for the user reps graphite.. my favorite mod.

M

menace3054

thanks graph, i appreciate your feedback, its too bad that everyonce in a while theres someone who has to be rude, almost makes it not worth it..
attachment.php

i wish i knew who said "begging is not becomming" so that i could return the favor, although i have a good feeling since one member on the forum seems to always have a rude edge to him

Picture 3.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
menace3054, negative reputation points are part of the game, your entitled to give negative reputation to people also, believe me I have gotten way more negative reputation than any of you :D

Also, it would take around 14 negative reputation points from the average member to cancel out one of my positive reputation points, so I wouldn't worry about it.

M

menace3054

i know it just like hurts to see that, oh well, just wanted to *vent*, thanks again dude, have a good night

Reaction score
menace3054 said:
i know it just like hurts to see that, oh well, just wanted to *vent*, thanks again dude, have a good night

yes as graph said its part of the game like when it was sarahboys18 birthday and i said happy birthday to him somebody gave me 2 negative ones for no reason. but its part of the system i guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
all part of the game as it has been said. I have on many occasions recieved negative points for nothing that was wrong or offensive, I just lived with it, and then made up the points by continuing to help people.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.