User Reputation System Reminder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well its set lower for a reason, we will talk about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Dang, I ran out of rep to give today.
:black: But, I can wait til tomorrow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
yeah, the rep system is finally beginning to come into action! I think we could make it even more popular if we have like a system that sends PM's to new users so that they are aware of the cool system!
And of course, links in your sig saying use the rep system also helps...

BTW how many points do you need to get from one green dot to two?

Reaction score
macEfan said:
yeah, the rep system is finally beginning to come into action! I think we could make it even more popular if we have like a system that sends PM's to new users so that they are aware of the cool system!

i think if you get a hundren points then you get the 2nd dot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
100 points.

Maybe a PM or email when you receive reputation, but I am not even sure if that is an option.

Thanks for the support keep using the system!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, thanks for letting me know..I'll be sure to make more use of the system now. Now thats what I like about Mac-Forums.. we're still smaller than other sites, so we can use a system like this and it won't get as abused!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Were not that small :) we just remove all the inactive user names every year. Thats over 2000 user names every year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, thats true... i didn't think about that. It does seem like we are getting more new users these days than we used to. That's a good sign.

coltssaturday, nice sig, but its a little large... maybe make everything a tad smaller and it will look better...

Reaction score
macEfan said:
yeah, thats true... i didn't think about that. It does seem like we are getting more new users these days than we used to. That's a good sign.

coltssaturday, nice sig, but its a little large... maybe make everything a tad smaller and it will look better...

hope now it looks better

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
macEfan said:

I agree. I put it in my sig the other day :)

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
The reputation limit is there to prevent abuse of the system. While we can look at possibly raising it slightly, we need to balance that with the potential for abuse.

As for an e-mail letting new users know about the system, they get that when they join MF. They receive a welcome e-mail pointing them to several important features and threads. However, as you can probably tell from the massive amount of posts in the wrong places, crossposting, etc that they tend not to read.

It gets worse in the summer when the kids are out of school. ;)

Reaction score
schweb said:
The reputation limit is there to prevent abuse of the system. While we can look at possibly raising it slightly, we need to balance that with the potential for abuse.

As for an e-mail letting new users know about the system, they get that when they join MF. They receive a welcome e-mail pointing them to several important features and threads. However, as you can probably tell from the massive amount of posts in the wrong places, crossposting, etc that they tend not to read.

It gets worse in the summer when the kids are out of school. ;)

Hey Schweb, did you increase the minimum reputations a person could give out in 24 hours. :black:

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
coltssaturday said:
Hey Schweb, did you increase the minimum reputations a person could give out in 24 hours. :black:
No, and the more you ask and are annoying about it, the less likely I am to do it.

You've made your suggestion and it's been noted. Repeating it will not get it to you any faster. ;)

BTW, please do something about your sig, it's too large.

Reaction score
schweb said:
No, and the more you ask and are annoying about it, the less likely I am to do it.

You've made your suggestion and it's been noted. Repeating it will not get it to you any faster. ;)

BTW, please do something about your sig, it's too large.

Alright, I'll fix my signature. :biohazard

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
coltssaturday said:
Alright, I'll fix my signature. :biohazard

I think what might work is take out the i love graphite graphic and put the Search right at the top middle and the rep reminder right under it.

Reaction score
dtravis7 said:
I think what might work is take out the i love graphite graphic and put the Search right at the top middle and the rep reminder right under it.

Now its fixed. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.