Keeping Windows HD partitions in lower case

Reaction score
A little nit picky:

I installed Windows XP Home using Boot Camp the other day, but I have a little question.

First off, is there anyway to rename the names that display when booting using Boot Camp. My Mac partition's HD name is "Walker" and my Windows partition is named "Jefferson". When I boot up and hold option, it shows the option to boot into either "Walker" or "Windows". How do I change that "Windows" to "Jefferson"?

Second, everytime I start up on the Mac portion, it displays on my Desktop my "two" hard drives. I like this, so I don't wnat to turn it off, but it automatically displays them as "Walker" and "JEFFERSON". It is insistent on the CAPS and even if I change it, the next time I log in, it will be CAPS again.

Any ideas?

L

Logan

I'm not entirely sure if it's possible.

I have SLAX (A live CD version of Slackware Linux) that I run on my mac mini.

when I hold ALT and get my boot options, it shows:
[HDD] [HDD] [CDROM]
Mac Windows Windows

SLAX is just a standard ISO formatted CD-rom, but this makes me think it associates the format (windows/mac) of the partition/drive and puts a generic tag (Windows) on it.

It may be changable though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.