Mac RAM (Canada)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone
Reaction score
iPodJon120, did you look at crucial yet. I found this and it is the Canadian site for crucial HERE.

OP
iPodJon120
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've heard lots of good things about Crucial but it says on their site that you'll get hit with taxes and tariffs at the door. Do you know if that includes customs, brokers, dutie fees as well? That is why I don't like ordering things from the US into Canada because you never know what the final cost is going to be until the delivery guy shows up.

Reaction score
iPodJon120 said:
I've heard lots of good things about Crucial but it says on their site that you'll get hit with taxes and tariffs at the door. Do you know if that includes customs, brokers, dutie fees as well? That is why I don't like ordering things from the US into Canada because you never know what the final cost is going to be until the delivery guy shows up.

nope i don't about customs, brokers, or dutie fees but why do they ask you for tariffs and taxes?? is it because they have to cross the border.

OP
iPodJon120
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Our prices are displayed in US dollars and do not include taxes and tariffs.
Canadian customers will be assessed the 7% GST (Goods and Services Tax) or the appropriate HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) or PST (Provincial Sales Tax) by the carrier when the order arrives. Please consult your local customs office or tax authority for information specific to your situation."

I guess their Canadian store is not set up like other true Canadian stores where the GST and HST/PST taxes are included when the charge is made on your credit card like it would if I ordered from the Canada Online Apple Store.

Reaction score
Yeah, but just go to electronic stores, if there are any in your area so you don't have to pay these taxes you listed above.

OP
iPodJon120
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll check around some more, but there is only one store in my area that just started to carry Apple stuff, I'm sure it will still be a little bit before they carry extra RAM for it at a decent price. I think I'm stuck with ordering somewhere online for now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
ram is not apple or pc specific, you just have to make sure you get a quality stick that matches your computers specs for ram
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.