• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Car in Cars Movie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Haha, the car's number is "84", the first year the Macintosh was introduced :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
I like how the car is white. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Does it not have eyes, or are they shut?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
im sure it has to do with the fact that apple owns pixar, at least as of now, i heard they are selling

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
Who's CEO of Pixar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo 1 GB RAM OS 10.4.6
Pixar

No, that's not true. Earlier in the year, Steve Jobs sold Pixar to Disney for 7 billion dollars. Steve Jobs still has quite a few shares, though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yes, they did merge with Disney. Steve still serves on the board of directors and a new CEO has yet to be chosen. Therefore, technically Steve Jobs is still the CEO of Pixar.

Reaction score
themacuser said:
No, that's not true. Earlier in the year, Steve Jobs sold Pixar to Disney for 7 billion dollars. Steve Jobs still has quite a few shares, though

Wow! I knew that Steve Jobs was the CEO because they didn't have one for PIXAR yet but i didn't know that he sold it for 7 billion dollars.

:eek:

Reaction score
Well he has to earn his money somehow considering he deosn't even get minimus wages (1$ per annum) *lol*.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
yogi said:
Well he has to earn his money somehow considering he deosn't even get minimus wages (1$ per annum) *lol*.

But he does have his own jet... ;)

Granted though, he still is better than most CEO's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I saw the movie yesterday and I have to say - man, it was really good! The graphics are just incredible and the storyline isn't too bad either. I took a bit of a drive to see it at a DLP theater with THX certification and it was pretty awesome. The outdoor shots of the landscape are super-realistic, they've really been improving their graphics capabilities!

Reaction score
kaidomac said:
I saw the movie yesterday and I have to say - man, it was really good! The graphics are just incredible and the storyline isn't too bad either. I took a bit of a drive to see it at a DLP theater with THX certification and it was pretty awesome. The outdoor shots of the landscape are super-realistic, they've really been improving their graphics capabilities!

I am probably going to go see it today too. I am sure that it is well worth it. Ofcource, because you said and it is made by Jobs. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83/1.5/80 | 30GB 1G Video | 2GB 1G Nano | 8GB 1G iPhone
surfwax95 said:
Does it not have eyes, or are they shut?

Why does the car need eyes it has already seen everything there is to see and probably knows everything there is to know

J

jlbrew3

ecks618 said:
Why does the car need eyes it has already seen everything there is to see and probably knows everything there is to know

that basically sums up apple...the company never fails to amaze me with their inginuity...they always know what products should come out next years before they would be predicted to arise

apple is just amazing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Not related to the Pixar movie, but there was a real race car driving with the Apple logo, back in 1986.
It's a Porsche 934, a 911-based race car, you can see the old colored Apple logo behind the rear weel.

Sorry for the tiny pic, but didn't find a bigger one... :cool:

article_garretson935.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.