opening an application so it takes up full screen

Reaction score
I have now had my imac G5 for 6 months (not intel imac) and the only thing i have not been able to find out is how to open my applications so they take up the whole screen like windows apps do.

Word for example only takes up half the screen and i need to manually expand it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
That is the only way to do it. Just out of curiosity, why do you need an app's window to take up your whole screen?

OP
A
Reaction score
Because often the screen doesn't open large enough and being used to PC's if i want to change apps then you just click on the icon in the dock. If i wanted two apps visible at the same time i could manually do it but it is rare.

Well i guess apple can't be the best in all areas.

Is there a list of short cut keys to close windows, go to desktop etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
long story short, due to the nature of the differences between the operating systems one is made so that windows are able to take up a rediculously large amount of space for each program, the other is made so that each program takes up as much space as necessary in order to run as a functional program. the short story: your going to have to get used to the fact that your windows only get so big

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
alamb said:
Well i guess apple can't be the best in all areas.

you will learn to love it

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks to all.

i would never buy a PC anyway i just have them in the office.

I have even converted my wife who nearly divorced me when i brought home the imac.

Now she has admitted she loves it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.