General osx operating question! (Intel Based)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 macbook
Hi, I recently switched to the mac platform and purchased myself a powerbook. I have some questions on how to operate.

1) Macromedia flash 8 worked when I first turned on the computer I would go on google video, youtube, and other flash sites then I installed flash 8 the program and now it doesnt work. When I go to download the version it says it doesnt work on intel based macs...

2)how do you un-install the program. Is it as simple as putting it in the trash can?

3) Can you record video in photobooth via Isight?

4)How do you figure out the temp of the macbook and the processor stuff.. (windows is like control+alt+delete)

5)heres a long one.
I have files on my computer mainly video and webdesign files along with pictures and office files. I want to get these onto my new mac but dont know how. I have a external hdd but doesnt that need to be formated or can I just plug it in and have it work?! (the files total 9.5gbs so a flash drive would be kinda hard)

6) how do you play windows media files on the intel based mac... Can you? windows media player 9 and flipformac both dont work on intel based products.

7)are there shortcuts for copy and paste or do I have to control+click?

Thats it for now.. if you could answer ANY that would be awesome!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Techno Mutant said:
Hi, I recently switched to the mac platform and purchased myself a powerbook. I have some questions on how to operate.

1) Macromedia flash 8 worked when I first turned on the computer I would go on google video, youtube, and other flash sites then I installed flash 8 the program and now it doesnt work. When I go to download the version it says it doesnt work on intel based macs...

2)how do you un-install the program. Is it as simple as putting it in the trash can?

3) Can you record video in photobooth via Isight?

4)How do you figure out the temp of the macbook and the processor stuff.. (windows is like control+alt+delete)

5)heres a long one.
I have files on my computer mainly video and webdesign files along with pictures and office files. I want to get these onto my new mac but dont know how. I have a external hdd but doesnt that need to be formated or can I just plug it in and have it work?! (the files total 9.5gbs so a flash drive would be kinda hard)

6) how do you play windows media files on the intel based mac... Can you? windows media player 9 and flipformac both dont work on intel based products.

7)are there shortcuts for copy and paste or do I have to control+click?

Thats it for now.. if you could answer ANY that would be awesome!!

I assume you mean MacBook Pro vice Powerbook?

1-You will have to wait for an Intel Mac version to be released.

2-Yep, just drag to the trash and delete. Some Apps will come with an uninstaller, and you can use it if you want, but it is not necessary.

3-I have no idea.

4-Download Menu Meters or Temperature monitor to do this.

5-The Mac will be able to read the PC formatted (FAT-32 or NTFS) drive, but can only write to FAT-32. If the drive is NTFS, you will have to reformat it to MacOS Extended or FAT-32 to be able to write it.

6-There may be another answer, but I am unaware of it. Flip4Mac Universal is in Beta and should be released soon. Until then, you are stuck.

7-Copy=Apple Key + C. Paste = Apple Key + V. Same letters as Windows, just a different moderator key. Many other keyboard shortcuts are the same as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.