Music/iTunes

S

steph07

I just got this new iBook and i am still trying to figure things out...

I was just wondering if there is anyway to get the music from my iPod onto iTunes? I do not want the iBook to erase my music by automatically formating my iPod (which is what my old PC did, until a friend of mine told me to use iPodRip)... is there anyway to do this? I'm scared to plug my iPod in.

Also, I have a lot of music on my iPod. Is it recommended to buy an external hard drive to put my music on there, as opposed to putting the music directly onto my iBook?

one last thing, which has nothing to do with music/itune: I have this stupid FireFox 1.5.04.dmg on my desktop. How do i get rid of it? It won't let me delete it, because it says "Firefox is in use". I tried moving it to the applications folder, which is what the Adium .dmg file told me to do for Adium, so i thought that might be the same, but it hasn't worked.

?
Thanks in advance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
for your itunes issue use senuti, and also set everything up so it doesnt update your ipod.

regarding firefox, this will be your first lesson in instaling programs: close your firefox application by using the drop down menu. next open your disk image (.dmg) file on your desktop. after that drag the firefox icon into your applications folder. and then eject your disk image
-chris

OP
S

steph07

ohh wonderful, it worked :)
i didn't try what you told me to do for itunes yet... i'll do that soon, but do u think it is better to put all my music directly on my ibook, or should i buy an external hard drive instead?

also... what programs can i use to d/l music? w/my PC i used to use soulseek.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
you should be able to find senuti on versiontracker.com....i had to charge my friends ipod on my p'book the other day and it asked if it wanted me to update it i just said no and then ejected it and let it charge.

depends on how much music you have, i would keep it on ibook if i were you so that you can always have your music with you on your computer, but then again you have an ipod, so it is really up to you and how you are going to use your 'book and ipod
-chris

OP
S

steph07

ok... so, i downloaded Senuti. Everything was working fine, until i realized i forgot to set Senuti to copy my music to my iTunes folder... so, then i cancelled what was going on. Ejected my iPod, etc. My iPod is fine. But, now i'm trying to re-do the process, and my computer won't even recognize my iPod. My iPod says "do not disconnect" so it seems like it is working, but my iPod never shows up on my desktop.

What do i do?

I'm so confused...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
I would rather use Yamipod, it lets you set the destination as and when you want to copy the music. About you're ipod, if you have another machine then see if it will mount on that, if not then do you still have some sort of warranty on it? I would get it replaced.

OP
S

steph07

but it was JUST working!!! until i cancelled the copy process... i don't want to replace my ipod it has ALL of my music on it :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Have you got your music saved anywhere else?

OP
S

steph07

i got it to work.
i just can't figure out how to copy my playlists from my ipod into itunes. senuti 'help' says u just drag them, but it is not working...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.