Video podcasts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Mini with LG Flatron 20" widescreen LCD
Hi all

Just started downloading some podcasts for my ipod, some of them contain video, but i cant seem to get them to upload to my Ipod.
Are they in the correct format for watching on my Ipod or do i have to convert them.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Usually they are iPod-compatible.

To ask the most stupid question, your iPod is video-capable, right?

Well then check the iPod preferences for which podcasts it should update.

OP
twdawson
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes it is video compatable and i have all the checkboxes ticked that i need to (i think), but it still wont update some of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
I never let my itunes automatically update my iPod, I always do it myself, have you tried putting them over yourself? Try converting the videos to ipod format again then try putting them on your pod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What podcasts are you trying to send over to your iPod that aren't working? I have no problem with any of the ones that I subscribe to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm subscribed to the happy tree friends podcast and the the rock network and they go on my ipod just fine, couldn't really be anymore easier actually. What format are the podcasts currently in?

OP
twdawson
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The podcasts that i am trying to put on my ipod are the Macbreak ones. They are usually only short video's and have just noticed that they are in quick time format and not ipod format. Am i right in thinking that they should be MP4???.

What i do want to do is wipe my ipod and start again, anyone know the easiest way of wiping the ipod, like it was when i got it out of the box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Use the update software which can do a factory restore, if you have already downloaded an update then it will be in your utilities folder, if not then it is with the disc that came with the ipod.

Yes the video's should be in mp4 format, the best way I find for converting them is by going into imovie and using its share capabilities to convert it to ipod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.