• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Archiving / BackUp Help?

M

mully

Forgive me..This is my first post ever! On any site or forum. I have a question for anyone who can help or lead me in the right direction. What is the most cost effective and safe way to archive. I'm self employed and work in the large format industry. My files are HUGE! A normal psd for me is at least 1.5 gigs. Clients files can add up to 6 and 7 gigs. I have a G5 2.3 Dual , 2gb ram. I have a 500gb internal and 2 Lacie 160 externals. They are all just about maxed! My system is running really slow. Do I keep buying externals? Burning to DVD would be equal to a months pay. Too much time. Do I buy more internals? Can anyone tell me about servers for macs?

Sorry for the long post, just didn't know where to start.
Any help will be appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.