• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Prosumer Camcorders

Reaction score
Can any body suggest a prosumer camcorder. I love the fx-1 , but dont have the cash...

Reaction score
dvx100.. i'm using one now..

i picked it up for 1700 used..

it has an amazing feature called 24p..

check out dvxuser.com and watch some footage..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
24p is only used if you want to make a movie or such.. its very film like

I have the XL2.. shop around for it, some places sell it for $3,500 other sell it for $6,000... I got it for $7,000 but with all kinds of accessories which ended up saving me alot of money buying them all together. I don't know how the FX-1 is price wise but I was reading a review of it and I read that verses the XL2 and The DVX when not playing on a HD tv and only playing in SD that it looks like a cheap 3ccd camera.
The XL2 and the DVX both have film like settings such as 24p and Gamma Correction. The XL2 also does 30p so that you can have a closer to film look but for some things 24p can look a little strobey if you are not going for the film look. The XL2 also has detachable lenses which is also a plus if you intend to change lenses later down the road.

OP
E
Reaction score
Oh.. $3500 is a little much. i was thinking like 1500 maybe 2000.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
you can probally get a good deal on a cannon GL2. I've played around with one, and they are quite nice, and not too pricy ( if you find a good deal).

Reaction score
Sony VX2100, Its very good for the money, I think its around $2500 new, also the VX2000 is still around and can probably be bought cheaper than the 2100. It isnt HD but its amazing quality

OP
E
Reaction score
lilfordbmx said:
dvx100.. i'm using one now..

i picked it up for 1700 used..

it has an amazing feature called 24p..

check out dvxuser.com and watch some footage..
were did you get it for 1700 from?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
What about a second hand XL1 with accesories?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.