Thanks Alot, Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caveatipss

Apple "lost" $2,000 of my Money Orders for my order. They are "investigating." Crap.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Apple lost or the post office lost? How did you send them to Apple?

Reaction score
What!! they "lost" 2000 dollars because of your money orders. Did your money not get to them or something like that.

WOW!! thats sounds weird :confused:

OP
C

caveatipss

I sent them via US Postal Service, all in the same envelope. The total was $2,144.88. Apple says all they have record of receiving is $144.88.

Reaction score
caveatipss said:
I sent them via US Postal Service, all in the same envelope. The total was $2,144.88. Apple says all they have record of receiving is $144.88.

thats what!! so they say you owe them 2000 dollars!! holy crap!!

thats unbelievable!

OP
C

caveatipss

I know. It really sucks since it took me so long to save it up. Hmm.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have had the good old US Postal Service loose some rather important stuff of mine. They made excuse after excuse. Mine got resolved but not my friend who bought a Dell off Ebay that was hotter than fire. HOT as in stolen and would not work. The US Post Office went after the dood then decided to reimburse my friend. But my friend never received the $$$, they said their policy was to send the Money to the SELLER even though that SELLER ripped off my friend. So the dood got my friends $$$, the refund and they sent him back the Dell Laptop to sell again and rip someone else off. This is a TRUE story and totally the US Post Office's fault.

I wonder if the envelope was opened and them taken out before apple even got them. It's possible as well as Apple loosing them. I hope this gets resolved.

Reaction score
caveatipss said:
I know. It really sucks since it took me so long to save it up. Hmm.

i really feel sorry for you!! But hopefully they will find the 2000 dollars from somewhere.

hopefully

OP
C

caveatipss

I can just imagine some dopey, young new employee throwing themout or something. Geez. Well, I do not mean to complain. I will just see what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
caveatipss said:

Though I don't use money orders often, I believe they're replaceable/insured. Might take a bit of time, but you should be covered. Well, in the US that's probably true. I'm not sure if they recognize the Independent Nation of French Louisiana as a territory or not. :p

Mark

Reaction score
Yeah that happens, these young employees just misplace the money and holy **** after 5 minutes they don't know where it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well if you kept all the tracking information for the money orders, then just call the issuer and have them trace the money. If Apple cashed them, it will show that.

Reaction score
schweb said:
Well if you kept all the tracking information for the money orders, then just call the issuer and have them trace the money. If Apple cashed them, it will show that.

right, someway or another they will find the money

OP
N

natoryy

Did you save your yellow slips? Because if so then you should be able to track them, right? Or have a pro track them? See if they get cashed/if they don't get cashed. Not a big expert on money orders but...I THINK that's how it works...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
very bad luck! - hope you find it.

good luck

Reaction score
caveatipss said:
I have no bank account or credit cards.

wow!! why, do you have bad credit, debt, or something or do you just don't want one.

OP
C

caveatipss

I had a personal tragedy in my life a few years ago, and lost everything and have had to start over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Why did you order through the mail? Why not go to the actual store with cash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.