Looking for an FTP program.

D

DoctorWombat

When I was on windows I used SmartFTP, but I checked the website now and they don't have a release for OSX. I'm sure there has to be a decent one that's quite similar to SmartFTP for the mac, does anyone know where I can acquire one?

Thanks. :headphone

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There are quite a few FTP Clients for OSX but two that I like are Cyberduck which is totally free and Transmit which costs. Both are great but I love Transmit. Try Cyberduck since it's Free and a LOT of users here like it. You might also.

http://cyberduck.ch/

OP
D

DoctorWombat

Thanks a lot, I'm downloading it now. From what it looks like, though, it's a lot like SmartFTP's drag+drop interface which I like. :miner:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
There is also a great FTP server for Mac OS X, the Open Source PureFTPd. They have a native OS X port, wrapped up into a nice GUI, with the whole thing called PureFTP-Manager. REALLY nice and I use it all the time. I understand that Mac OS X comes with an FTP server, but I have never messed with it. PureFTP-Manager is a native OS X app, is free, and has a really nice GUI. Gotta luv it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I am huge Transmit fan. The company that develops it is great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i use transmit
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
Because of this thread I bought Transmit and it is very good. One of the best FTP programs I have used. It's also very easy to navigate around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.