font problems intel mac

D

dotsandspaces

I'm having problems saving files in Office 04 - the imac crashes and the file is unsaved. If I turn some of the fonts off though, I can save ok.

Has anyone had any similar problems with fonts on intel macs?
One font in particular (Univers) just hates being used - its postscript - should I try the opentype version - any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
probably a problem with the actual font itself maybe it is corrupt in some way. i would try to find one that is similiar and use that one instead
-chris

OP
D

dotsandspaces

Hi - I've been on the line with microsoft - they're aware of the problem, but have no fix for it- I suppose my next step is to talk to apple...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
dotsandspaces said:
Hi - I've been on the line with microsoft - they're aware of the problem, but have no fix for it- I suppose my next step is to talk to apple...
Well, since the problem is with a bug in Office ...which is a Microsoft application.... I'm not too sure how Apple is going to be able to help you when Microsoft said that they couldn't....*shrug*

OP
D

dotsandspaces

no, you're right - just spoken to them - not aware of the problem - I've registered it as a bug using the feedback form...just have to wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
dotsandspaces said:
I've registered it as a bug using the feedback form...just have to wait. (for Microsoft)

In my experience, waiting for Microsoft is pretty much like waiting for Godot. Good luck with finding solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.