Task Manager

C

caveatipss

Is there a similar thing in OSX as Windows Task Manager where it shows you the processor's work load in a bar graph?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Yeah, it gives you a real time bar graph for the CPU processes. It also shows how much ram your computer is using at a given time, which comes in handy in seeing if you need to upgrade. To access it. Open a finder window, then click on Applications. Inside of applications will be a folder titled Utilities. Open this folder up and Activity Monitor is located inside. Double click it and you basically have Apple's version of Windows Task Manager.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Even better than Activity Monitor, and an ESSENTIAL piece of shareware, in my opinion, is MenuMeters. This will put all sorts of useful indicators into your screen menu line at the top. I have mine displaying CPU loads, internet up/down rates, memory usage and disk usage. A truly indispensible bit of shareware. Check it out.

(nope, I am not associated with them in any way, just a VERY happy customer)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ya, I've got menu meters showing my Average CPU load on my Quad as well as Temps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
You can navigate to the Utilities Folder using the Go menu or using Cmd+Shift+U.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
mac57 said:
Even better than Activity Monitor, and an ESSENTIAL piece of shareware, in my opinion, is MenuMeters. This will put all sorts of useful indicators into your screen menu line at the top. I have mine displaying CPU loads, internet up/down rates, memory usage and disk usage. A truly indispensible bit of shareware. Check it out.

(nope, I am not associated with them in any way, just a VERY happy customer)

If we're talking about the same MenuMeters, I think it's DonationWare (or is now)

MenuMeters

A great app, as you mentioned. Everything you need to know, plenty of configuration options, and the info's right where you need it.

Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.