Proud owner of a Macbook Pro!

OP
Mister-Twoster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz 15" MacBook Pro, black 30gb ipod video, black 2gb Nano.
Hehe, who said i paid for trillian? :cool: Anyways, i tried installing Azureus... but when i clicked it to open, it bounces in my dock for a sec, then disappears? Any help? I downloaded the latest version, too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Mister-Twoster said:
Hehe, who said i paid for trillian? :cool: Anyways, i tried installing Azureus... but when i clicked it to open, it bounces in my dock for a sec, then disappears? Any help? I downloaded the latest version, too.
If I recall thats a Java issue, get the stand alone Java updates from the Apple site, that might help.

M

McNewbie

Mister-Twoster said:
Yea, im liking adium so far. How do i uninstall stuff? Just delete it?

I second this question. I need to free up extra RAM or HDD space so was wondering how do I install apps and those things such as extra languages etc?

OP
Mister-Twoster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coach_z said:
if it came with an installer and has an uninstaller use that....but basically just drag the file from your apps folder to the trash. this method will leave a few straggling files which in total may add up to 1 or 2mb and you dont really need to bother them....if you want to bother with them do a forum search on deleting files

already answered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Any problems to report with your MBP?

I just graduated too and it's my present but I asked my parents not to buy it until I was sure it would be legit.

OP
Mister-Twoster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Only problem i seem to be having is it turns off for no apparent reason when im not using it... and when i start it back up, it says "Mac OS X has shut down unexpectidly." but wont give me any further details.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
MadSkillzMan said:
if ichat let you tab windows id use it

Check out Chax, it adds a great deal of features to iChat, inluding tabbed chat windows. http://www.ksuther.com/chax/

Alas, opposite you, I would use Adium if it let me transfer files. Although I haven't tried Adium in a while so maybe it works now.

OP
Mister-Twoster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ive never had a successful xfer in adium :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Mister-Twoster said:
Only problem i seem to be having is it turns off for no apparent reason when im not using it... and when i start it back up, it says "Mac OS X has shut down unexpectidly." but wont give me any further details.

That's happened to my iMac a few times. Might be a kernel panic, but usually it'll tell you the system needs to shut down, rather than it actually just shutting down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
Mister-Twoster said:

You dont have the intel version of Azureus..

OP
Mister-Twoster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
playm0de said:
You dont have the intel version of Azureus..
Yea, i figured that was the case, as the same thing happened with limewire. And i figured out how to fix my macbook from shutting down... all i had to do was dissable the screen saver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.