OH GOD! The sexy little iPOD MINI!

H

hardheart

So, I was looking on apple.com and they have this sexy new ipod mini. yes, it doesn't hold as many songs, but it is so cute and adorable...however...

I was wondering...as far as iPOD accessories. are the 1st and 2nd generation ipods compatible with 3rd generation remotes and can you find car chargers or the car adapters (the ones that make the ipod go thru the cars stereo system) for the 1st/2nd generation ipod?
does anyone know what the differences between the generations are?

thank you!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
remote controls are not comptable between the three generations.

car chargers are different for the generations as well since the earlier models had the firewire port and now they use the dock connector. I saw one car charger on apples website that had a connector for both.

As for through the car stereo most of those components just go through your headphone jack so they are pretty much all compatible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
the difference between generations

1st Gen
power.ipod.jpg

2nd Gen
ipod.jpg

now with touchpad scrool whell and remote control

3rd Gen
index_three01062004.jpg

complete overhaul. all buttons are touch sensored, uses dock connector and is the only one that can use iPod software 2.1 and up

iPod Mini
index_size01062004.jpg

http://www.apple.com/ipodmini/

OP
M

mortalbug

Hmmm....

I gotta say, I think the new mini iPod is kinda ugly. I think the whole many colour thing should have stopped whith the last gen iMacs..

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It's like a pair of shoes. Not everyone will like it, but there are those that do. It will sell to those that want something different.

OP
N

Nobody

It costs too much!!!!!!! :(

It costs about the same as regular 3G iPods and holds much less. We wanted iPods to be cheaper, not smaller. They were already small enough. <Sigh>, sometimes Apple just doesn't listen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.