Keyboard controlling external volume?

Reaction score
Hey

This isnt a huge problem but just bugging me a bit. When i use the volume controls on my keyboard for my G5 it will only adjust the volume of the internal speaker - i have an external amp with 5.1 surround hooked up to the g5 through an optical cable. is there a way i can get osx to control the level of sound being sent out to the amp? as i said not a huge problem but would be nice to have use for those volume controls.

Ta

Fraser

B

Badger

I don't have a digital output Mac but if I understand the Apple tech note correctly you cannot adjust the digital signal levels at the computer. Apple says you must make volume adjustments at the external device. Apparently this is a hardware "feature."

OP
F
Reaction score
yeah that does make sence thinking about it. Odd "feature" though lol. anyway thanks. i shall just have to b not so lazy and adjust it manually...or get sum batteries for my remote hehe. thanks for the reply.

Fraser

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.