Mac compatible USB Wi-Fi Adapters

C

CoreyH69870

Has any one been able to find an alternative to the AirPort card?? If so, could you please tell me. Thanks Alot!

OP
V

vindapoo

CoreyH69870 said:
Has any one been able to find an alternative to the AirPort card?? If so, could you please tell me. Thanks Alot!

Hi,
I used a Dlink usb adaptor on my g3 ibook clamshell and it worked fine. The only reason I put an airport card inside is was the Dlink only fitted in my usb port with a usb extension lead because of the ibooks shape, and only having one usb port I couldn't connect my ipod at the same time. If you use a usb hub though it has to be a powered one or else the Dlink will not work.
Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0
Yea, the DWL-G122 now has Mac OS X drivers, so go for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 ibook
i've got the d-link dwl-g122 hooked up to my g4, and it's being a real pain... i can connect to the machine from my ibook, but it keeps hanging--- then it disconnects entirely and i have to reboot the ibook just to see it in my network again.
has anybody else seen this kind of behaviour?

EDIT: forgot to mention-- it's REALLLLY slow. like... 32 hours to transfer a 200MB file. ew.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, my company stopped selling the d-link adapters because there were so many issues with the drivers under 10.4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
D-LINK No Problems

In response to the last couple of posts...
I have a D-Link router and adaptor, the 624 router and 122 adaptor, and have had no problems with speed or fallout/loss of signal.
It was a bit of a pain getting it set up and working originally, but a call to D-Link and some common sense sorted that out.
My PSP browses fine on the network and my M-Bridge streamer is faultless.
I recommend this system. At £60 it's way cheaper than Airport and if you want to add more Pc's/Macs you just need another adaptor.
If your using it and are having problems try setting the D.N.S servers with the following numbers:
Any other questions can be aimed at me here too.
Kev :headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.