burning mp3 discs.... HELP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
home:17"pwrbk/1.67GHz/1.5GBRAM work:4x2.5GHz PPC G5/4.5GBRAM
hi all,

i got this little Q...

i'm off on a roadtrip and i'm backing up some of my CDs on mp3 discs cause i dont want to lug around a hundred albums, and i'm using TOAST to burn.
when i put an cd in a folder on toast, all the songs on that album get burned in alphabetical order, and not in the real song order, which is very annoying...

i tried to burn mp3 discs on itunes, and they are in order, but my car mp3 player wont recognise any song names, which is also annoying if there's 5 albums in a cd.....

any suggestions??? please help!!! i leave in 2 days :eek:

thanx P21

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
maybe you can create a disk image containing all of your mp3's in the order you want them in and burn the disk image

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
I think the only way you will achieve this is by changing the file names of the MP3s so they are in the right sequence alphabetically. One way to do this would be by prefixing them with numbers.

It's not like writing tracks to an audio CD, you are basically just writing files out to a filesystem (on the disc) and since your in car MP3 player seems to read the filesystem on the disc alphabetically, you're gonna have to work with it if you want to get the files playing in the sequence you require.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I have personally not used Roxio, but if I recall correctly from nero, you can rearrange the list you select anyway you want it. Does Roxio Toast not allow the same flexibility?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.