Macbook Heat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
I know a lot of people here are saying that the temperature issue will probably be fixed with a new revision of the MacBook. Why do people assume this?

I had a Rev A 15" Powerbook Aluminum and my roommate ended up getting the latest 15" Powerbook Aluminum, not sure what Rev it was, but it was the one that came out before the MacBook Pro's came out. I noticed no temperature change between my Powerbook and my roommate's. As a matter of fact, his ended up getting a lot hotter than mine.

I'm not sure if temperature was an "issue" with the Powerbooks, but it definitely wasn't something that I was willing to keep on my lap for extended periods of time, just like my Macbook. So from my personal experience, I never noticed Apple fixing temperature issues with later revisions. From my example above, the temperature issues actually increased. Probably b/c the clock speed kept climbing as newer revisions started coming out.

The only way I see Apple lowering the temperature in the MacBooks is to lower the clock speed or start using new Intel chips that run just as fast, but just cooler. Apparently new ULV Core Duo chips are coming out, but they're running at around 1Ghz.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.