Finally Getting My Camera

U

UncSki1218

After lots of waiting, working and saving...I'm buying my camera. I decided to go with the Digital Rebel XT. It seems to have almost all of the features of the 20D/30D. The 20 was out of it when the updated 30D came out. But, the 30D was quite expensive at 1400. I couldn't pass up on the Rebel for $650 on B&H. This is my first SLR so it should suit my needs for the time being.

As for memory cards. I might do some sports photography (skiing and lacrosse). Mostly landscapes and abstract stuff. With the Ultra II be enough or should i get the Extreme III?

OP
P

pbook24

the ultra II will be more than you need. what lenses are you planning on buying, that is most inmportant

Reaction score
i just got that camera.. loving it.. i actually just picked up another ultra II card 1gb.. great cards.. i dont think you would need the ultra III..

OP
P

pbook24

its extreme III, not ultra III. i have a 20d and 1d coming in on thursday, love it.

OP
U

UncSki1218

ok. it comes with the 18-55 kit lens. im also getting the canon 50mm 1.8 lens for abstract/creative stuff. a bunch of my friends said its a great lens especially for the price. havent decided on the zoom lens yet

Reaction score
Fill out that warranty card for the nifty fity as soon as you get it, becase ya its a great lense. but man is it a dust magnet.

Enjoy the xt! its a great camera.

you should be able to pick up a scandisk ultra II 2gb for under 90 bux now.

and get the battery grip!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i have a 350d and i bought an ultra II 1gb.

love it!

Reaction score
The XT is a great camera, definately a workhorse. I toss mine around all the time, and its holding up perfectly. I've easily taken over 100 000 pictures with it in the last year, so dont bealieve people when they say it only lasts 25 000.

I'm sure you'll love it! Hope to see some pics soon.

OP
B

babelfish

Wow the fact that you said you are going to get the 50/1.8 lens initially made me happy. It's a GREAT lens for a GREAT price. You can have loads of fun and at the same time learn a lot from using that one focal length.

Use the 50 for a while and see whether you're more interested in focal lengths longer or shorter - then you can start saving up for primes or decent zooms (which cost more than a pretty penny).

Reaction score
babelfish said:
Wow the fact that you said you are going to get the 50/1.8 lens initially made me happy. It's a GREAT lens for a GREAT price. You can have loads of fun and at the same time learn a lot from using that one focal length.

Use the 50 for a while and see whether you're more interested in focal lengths longer or shorter - then you can start saving up for primes or decent zooms (which cost more than a pretty penny).

no joke. The camera was the cheap part :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.