Flash movies choppy and all.

D

DoctorWombat

Still learning the ropes for my new MacBook, since I was a devout Windows user before I decided I actually wanted to do work in college. I was wondering, what's up with the flash movies? Let's say I go to newgrounds.com and open up a random cartoon - what happens is that the animation is really choppy and laggy. It skips and is just generally kinda slow. Is there anything I need to install or tweak? I mean, I've downloaded Flash Player 8 and all I'm sure, but it's still the same.

Thanks in advance. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I noticed this too ever since I switched to mac. Talk about annoying as ****. You'd think of all things for them to notice not running smoothly, Flash would be a fast catch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i havent been there in ages but i just checked it out and watched about 12 things with no problem, including 'fallen angel:teaser"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
Just watched four videos there. No problems. Ran real smooth. Might be your browser. I am using Camino.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
safari here....i also have a 15/5 connection so speed is usually never an issue

Reaction score
Well

I have a mini and flashes on the internet have been fine for me... now making them is another story (Sooo slowwww). But o well, I guess they just need to hurry up and get flash more defined for OS X >.<

Oh yea, and I'm using firefox... go firefox !!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.