faint white spots

B

brody

i have 4 white spots that have appeared on my 15 PB display. they're not the bad, but definitely distinguishable, especially when the screen is all one color. should i take it to apple and see what they say? has anyone else had this problem.
i have an aluminum 15 powerbook that's only about 3 months old.
thanks.

OP
C

CMBlechar

does it look like it could have come from the keyboard. on the PB's the keys touch the screen and will leave their mark after a month or two. I know on my screen when its off you can pretty see every key on the screen. I guess there is a pad that you can put on your keys to stop that from happening. but if its somthing wrong with the actual pixles then I'd be talking to apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
OK what youve got it sounds like a few dead pixels. Try turning off your powerbook and massaging the areas where the dead pixels are.

For apple to even look at the screen you need at least 7 dead pixels and even still its an incredibly high fee to repair it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
CMBlechar said:
does it look like it could have come from the keyboard. on the PB's the keys touch the screen and will leave their mark after a month or two. I know on my screen when its off you can pretty see every key on the screen. I guess there is a pad that you can put on your keys to stop that from happening. but if its somthing wrong with the actual pixles then I'd be talking to apple.

http://www.marware.com/keyboardcovers.html i use that pad on my keyboard and it works great.

it sounds more like dead pixels than the little keyboard marks. Not gonna get any help from apple with that right now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
No actually if you are having the problem that a lot of newer PB owners are having it is a flaw with the product and most definitely take it back to Apple and they will know about it, because again.. there have been A LOT of people with that problem.

OP
B

brody

i read some stuff about this happening to other AL15" powerbook owners, so i called apple, and they said it's a known flaw. i'm sending it in tomorrow to be fixed...no charge. i guess it's caused by some sort of spacers in between the screen and case...hopefully, they'll fix the design so it doesn't just keep happening.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.