having trouble with safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
Hey guys,
im a member on another forum and on the design tech staff now we have about 8 different skin settings and i designed a new one (MTV2006) to over take one called "Pheonix".

now i have cleared all of my cookies, emptied my cache, deleted all of my history even reset safari and yet i am still seeing the old "Pheonix" theme.

i was wondering whether there is anything else which would be holding back the change and how do i change it so that i can see the new skin "MTV2006".

was wondering whether someone would be able to help me out. now im only on Mac OS X 10.3.9 im not sure if that has anything to do with it. but yeah thats my situation. please someone help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Did you log out/in?

OP
jacksonworld
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
yep many a times. also tried switching skins and changing skins to see if it would change and still it didnt.

could it be something through my isp or in my library or something. im not sure about either of these im just guessing and even if it is im not exactly sure how to change it or fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Could you explain where you put the skin? Or was it just an installer?

OP
jacksonworld
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
no no its not theming safari. all it is is that the skin theme of the acual board itself changes. all of these skins are stored on the websites server. all i am doing is selecting a different skin in which to see the forum.

however when i change to MTVJapan it doesnt change to what it should. well it does but it doesnt. MTVJapan USED to be named Pheonix but they have changed it and the main banner graphics that are displayed at the top of the forum.

but when i change my skin setting on the forum to MTVJapan i still get the old Pheonix banner.

the new MTVJapan banner does display when i select the skin within firefox. to get it to completely refresh in firefox though i had to hold down shift + apple and then hit the refresh button (this is within firefox) and it worked it displayed what is now MTVJapan.

so is there sort of a equivalent of shift + apple and hitting refresh in safari like i did within firefox?

OP
jacksonworld
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
finally got it to display. however on a mac in safari you have to hold down ctrl and press refresh.

and in firefox its shift + apple and refresh

thanks guys for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.