I am amazed with my iMac.

G

Geowge

I recently got a new 17" intel iMac, and have no regrets. I do, however, have one extremely small problem. Periodically, when I start it up, during the short 2-5 seconds that the Apple logo is up, but the spinning loading symbol is not up, weird things occur. Sometimes two pixel by 5 pixel or so horizontal lines appear faintly, but disappear when the loading icon comes up. Sometimes the apple logo is flickering oddly like an old film thats kind of off track, if you understand what I'm saying. Theres not actualy problemw ith it, but should I call support. I have an applecare protection plan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Geowge said:
I recently got a new 17" intel iMac, and have no regrets. I do, however, have one extremely small problem. Periodically, when I start it up, during the short 2-5 seconds that the Apple logo is up, but the spinning loading symbol is not up, weird things occur. Sometimes two pixel by 5 pixel or so horizontal lines appear faintly, but disappear when the loading icon comes up. Sometimes the apple logo is flickering oddly like an old film thats kind of off track, if you understand what I'm saying. Theres not actualy problemw ith it, but should I call support. I have an applecare protection plan.

It wouldn't hurt to call and ask. It may or may not signify a video card problem. My wife's iMac doesn't do that, but my PC laptop and most of my other PCs in the past do (video flicker at boot time). Glad to hear you're enjoying your Mac! :)

OP
S

sharpie05

it sounds like a video error to me. but then again, there are macbooks and macbook pros that have video artifacts... the intel chip perhaps? dunno if that would make a difference...

Reaction score
Geowge said:

except for that problem i think you will love your iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.