DarwinPorts Gnumeric for OS X Anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have downloaded and installed Darwinports, looking to build some of my favorite open source software for my Mac. The gnumeric spreadsheet is a particular target of mine, since it is such an excellent spread sheet.

By and large, I have had a lot of luck with Darwinports. I have managed to build mc (Midnight Commander), xv (the venerable image viewer/editor/manager), gqview (an image viewer), gtksee (another image viewer) and several others. However, I am stumped by gnumeric, which was my motivation for going down this road to start with!

Darwinports happily attempts the build, but dies at libglade2, claiming that it can't open the file. I have attempted uninstalling and reinstalling libglade2 itself to no good end.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any pointers? Thanks!

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
A follow up, for anyone who may also be using DarwinPorts and having the same issue. I eventually went to sourceforge.net and get a copy of the libglade2 source file. I placed into the same directory that DarwinPorts uses for it's builds and restarted the build of gnumeric. Worked like a champ! The build finished and gnumeric is now running happily on my Mac under Apple's X11.

So, if you are having a similar problem, try a similar solution!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.