cant get windows media to load on my powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
anytime I download the .exe file and try to open it up it automatically opens with quicktime and says "this movie is unreadable".. does anyone know just how to get windows media on my powerbook?

thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
First, you want to stop trying to download and install the Windows .exe version. :black:

You could also go to VersionTracker and just get VLC. VLC plays pretty much anything you throw at it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ahh, ok, thank you. I'll go take a look at VLC.

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yeah, VLC is great. What movie are you trying to watch? There are a few (albeit very few) that simply won't run on a Mac, no matter what player you are running. Usually those are ones that have some sort of Windows DRM restriction. Still, I have found that VLC is the most versatile player for Mac OS X.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it's more for some random media I get off my streetbike forum, sometimes it's coded as .wmv files..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Matthew_love84 said:
it's more for some random media I get off my streetbike forum, sometimes it's coded as .wmv files..

If your Mac is the one in your Sig you can also download and install Flip4Mac. It does a pretty good job on a lot of WMV and right in quicktime. It's not a Universal App as yet but works fine on the Non Intel Macs.

Reaction score
yeah, i like VLC too because it plays .avi files and those are the formats of movies i usually watch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.