• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Dihydrogen Monoxide

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
iBeldar said:
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Some crazy stuff! My dad found out this stuff is all in my pool.

Discuss

If my memory of high school chemistry serves me correctly, the scientific name for this chemical would be "hydrogen hydroxide" or "hydrogen oxide."

OP
iBeldar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
H20 or Water. Just a funny spoof site. Sad enough, some people think its 'real'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yea....2 hydrogens and one oxide sounds a lot like H2O to me and i hope their is a whole crapload of it in your pool or else when you dive in it will be very painful.

my freshman year of H.S. chem teacher got us all good with that one
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
OMG! I've seen them sell that in the store! My friend's a high school teacher - I should have him alert his students, see if anyone takes action on this new development! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
S

sharpie05

If my memory of high school chemistry serves me correctly, the scientific name for this chemical would be "hydrogen hydroxide" or "hydrogen oxide."

well, when hydrogen is paired with metals, it acts like a metal, and when paired with a nonmetal, acts as a nonmetal. oxygen is a nonmetal, so the compound h2o should be named as such- Dihydrogen monoxide. (i love chemistry)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.