airport extreme connection problem ...

J

johnny88

Hello!

I just purchased a 12" powerbook G4 1.5/512 with airport extreme (and I love it!!) but I cannot connect to the internet. I live in an apartment, and my landlord has a wireless router downstairs that she lets me connect too (WEP password is disabled). With my old crppy PC laptop, I just had to go out and purchase a PCI card, i came home, installed the card, automtically it connected to her network....and voilla, I was surfing in 5 minutes!

With my powerbook, I can't figure out how to connect. When i open up airport, it doesn't seem to find any connections. I am on this connection right now with my PC, so I know it is working. Is there an easy way to do this?? I'm a new mac guy...

Thanks in advance....and great site everyone!

OP
J

johnny88

UPDATE...

Well, after trying everything (except checking the actual card), I finally just walked the powerbook down to the front door of my landlords place, and whattya know...it picked up her network (barely). My PC picks up her network anywhere in my apartment!

Is it possible that my crappy $20 bottom-of-the-line PCI card is that much better than brand new airport extreme??? What gives?

Is it possible that the card was un-seated during shipping?
How would I check this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.